- (4) Stepper motors, each on its own driver with up to 4.5amps of current and 40V. The Y axis uses (2) synchronized stepper motors
- X,Y & Z homing switches on optically isolated circuits.
- Z Touch disk on an optically isolated circuit.
- 3 Spindles
- DC Quiet Cut Spindle with speed control.
- AC Trim router with on/off control
- 3 phase VFD controlled spindle with 0-10V speed control.
- Vacuum controlled by gcodes M7,M8,M9
- Feed control buttons (Hold & Resume)
Introducing the TB6600 Shield
About the TB6600 Stepper Driver
This is a very powerful and versatile all in one stepper driver and CNC machine interface board. You can get them on eBay and other sources. There are different version, but most of them should work. We spent some time testing these and will be selling the highest quality one we found. Here are the major features.
- 3 or 4 axes of 4.5 Amp stepper drivers.
- Switch selectable resolution from full step to 1/16 microstepping
- Switch selectable current per axis.
- Automatic 50% idle current reduction implemented independently per axis. This means each motor drops its current shortly after it receives the last step. This allows the motors to run cooler. Stepper motors draw the most current when they are not moving and are very strong in this mode, so they don't need full current.
- 100% optical isolation on all I/O. This prevent shorts, voltage spikes or wiring errors from breaking you controller
- High current AC relays.
- .PWM to 0-10VDC conversion circuit for VFD based spindles.
They are designed to work with PC based software like Mach3 on a parallel port. Things get complicated if you want to run this from a USB port on a Mac or PC laptop with open source tools. This little shield removes all that complexity.
Carry It or Bury It?
We have it designed and tested and a have a few, but we want to gauge demand before buying hundreds of them. Please check out the product page and add your name the waiting list it you want to cast a vote for "carry it"